View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Default If you were collecting low grade T206's...

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I used a buy what I found strategy at the beginning. After a bit I started leaving a second card of a player alone if I already had one of him, going for more different players. Then I decided to finish the minor leaguers. I got the regulars completed first, then the southern leaguers shortly thereafter. Now, I lack 2 Cobbs, 2 Lajoies, Mathewson's portrait, O'Hara with St. Louis, and 2 Youngs. My most recent T206 acquisition (of ones I lack) is Johnson's portrait, which is in the mail, expected in the hills of Kentucky this weekend.

A problem with how I'm finishing is that I perceive, maybe incorrectly, that the Cobbs and Youngs have gone up in value more than the regular cards. So moneywise, I should have bought those sooner. I'm glad I got the southern leaguers when I did. It would have been frustrating to go for a good period of time while I was saving up for one of the big cards. Still, as it now stands, I'll do well to get 2 cards a year the rest of the way. The Monster tames slowly, if at all.