View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Default Question on value and year?????

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Hey Josh,

I found a scan of the front of my Jackson, Piedmont 550 card on an old computer. I can make a better scan in a few days when I get the card out of the bank, if you like.

And it looks like it's the card that was made from that proof card in the original post.

Most of the Piedmont 550s I know of, and all of the ones I have, came from the Monkeys Eyebrow find several years ago. Monkeys Eyebrow is a tiny little town in western Kentucky, just west of Paducah. It is in Ballard County, near the Ohio River. Here's a Mapquest link:
<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=monkeys+eyebrow&state=ky&zipcode=#east</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&level=&cat=&address=&city=monkeys+eyebrow&state=ky&zipcode=#east</a&gt;

I know that's a lot to cut and paste, sorry.

The Monkeys Eyebrow find had bunches of E270s, both red and tin top. A goodly stash of T210s, those beautiful red border cards, all were series 6, the Bluegrass League, as could be expected. The old gentleman had a bunch of Kitty League post cards... and then about 200 T206 series 550 cards, all Piedmont. He even had a few still in the packs! Some dealers up north swooped down on the fellow. Mr. Mint didn't make it there, he stayed the night at Metropolis, a bit to the west. I'm guessing the gambling boats attracted him, but maybe Mr. Mint is a big Superman fan... either way, the cards were gone before Mr. Mint arrived.

Barry, Leon, are either of you aware of Piedmont 550s being found anywhere else???

Frank.