View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Default Memory Lane Redux?

Posted By: Dave

those cases surely do look frosted, and tampered with. Nice picture of Joe Orlando and Cohen grinning ear to ear , side by side.... Hey Joe Orlando if you read this, that doesn't do much for my confidence in PSA.

Apparently PSA business model is strong enough to stand up against just about any allegation thrown it's way. Does anyone know if that book about the Honus Wagner card is still being released ? I know a lot of ohio collectors that are waiting to read the story about how PSA graded a trimmed card in order to further their reputation and grow their business, at the expense of telling the truth. Truth...I don't think that word is in the PSA lexicon...they can't even tell the truth about when packages are received at their own P.O. box for god's sake, what makes anyone think they will admit to shady business dealings with Memory Lane ?
the grading business is all about trust isn't it ? How can you trust PSA after seeing stuff like this. I guess it wouldn't be that upsetting if PSA didn't have such an effect on the baseball card market.

Has anyone on the board tried to challenge PSA's credibility publicly about stuff like the Memory Lane auction ? Perhaps it's time to do it, if it's not been done before. Without us collectors PSA would not exist, so they are kind of at our mercy as far as money is concerned. Perhaps it's time for a new grading company populated by "real" collectors who care about collecting and preserving the hobby, and not making money.