Thread: REA v. Mastro
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Default REA v. Mastro

Posted By: Al S.

Now that the REA auction is over I want to give my opinion on REA v Mastro . REA has just finished my consignment lots 1218 -1224. For personal reasons I decided to put up large parts of my collection. I contacted REA for this item because of Robs expertise in the field of pins. I can tell you as for an auction house for this item I chose the right one. All my questions were answered rapidly and 99% of the time by Rob Himself. Having left out a picture of the back of the item in the catalog a quick phone call and there in the internet auction were pictures of the backs! The question was asked at the top of the thread would REA be rewarded for honest auto bid,policy changes,etc etc I think in the long run the answer will be YES. I think REA should consider running 2 auctions a year, the wait time is a bit long and in my opinion is losing consignments. As for Mastro auctions having sold and won items many times in Bills auction I think both auctions do a great job in promotion and in the distribution of catalogs. Many of us are like kids on christmas morning waiting for that catalog in the mail! Lets face it the bottom line is both companies are in business to try and bring the best items they can to the market place and in doing so some toes may get stepped on along the way! But as collectors just think what they have brought out to the market place in terms of items! I dont think there is a collection out there that hasnt benifited from these companies. I definetely would want both on my side as I continue to sell my collection! In closing I think its the company that is willing to make the hard adjustments and changes as the market constantly changes that will come out on top.