View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Default HOF Executives - What's possible?

Posted By: Paul

I should have chimed in awhile ago. As far as I know, here's what's available:

Spalding: Elected as a player, not an executive, so Richard's card doesn't count.

Bulkeley: I have exactly the same bridge postcard mentioned above. He has no known cards, though I believe he was the owner of a minor league or National Association team, so it's conceivable a team cabinet will turn up.

Hulbert: As far as I know, nothing.

Comiskey: One of the easiest. He has M101-4/5 and Cracker Jack cards as an exec, and others as a player.

Rickey: He's in the W573 Cardinals team issue set as an executive, and in the Cracker Jack and V100 sets as a manager. He's theoretically in the W600 set as a player, but no copies have been found. He's also in a W601 team collage as a player.

Ban Johnson: Fan Craze and M101-1.

Judge Landis: The closest thing to a card is his Baseball Magazine premium from 1944. Kind of surprising.

Veeck: He has two team issue photos from the late '40s, a team issue postcard from the late '40s, and appears in the 1976 Chicagoland collectors' issue when he was still active as owner of the White Sox.

Ed Barrow: No individual cards. He is on the W601 Tigers team collage from 1903 and also on a minor league team from the same set. I think a manager team issue card or photo could show up of him some day.

George Weiss: Nothing as far as I know.

Harridge, Giles, and Frick: All available on Topps cards.

Chandler: 1949 Eureka Sports Stamp and 1950 Callahan card.

Rube Foster: As far as I know, nothin'.

The MacPhails: Again, nothing as far as I know.

Did I miss anyone?