View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default expert cracker jack and pack help needed ASAP :-0

Posted By: mr. moses

not the steak. Unopened material is the joy and sorrow of life unless it's just the package itself that does it for you. Opening a box unless you have more than one is russian roulette (can that still be PC?). Even in tobacco where the stamp/cancel/factory designation are within the proper time frame and serve to narrow the extraneous factors quite a bit - there is no guarantee that a card made it in there and especially not the "lottery" card worth a zillion dollars. Same with the package. As to the CJ cards, I would imagine they were inserted in a season of sorts and not thruout the whole year. You would need to know more than just the year. What if things other than cards were inserted at the same time. Your box might have top or whatever.... As for the re-sealing and staining thing; who knows. The package with product could have survived. I have products from 1860's that remain full (no; not my grandmother and had similar kinds of contents. At a certain point the candy begins to disintegrate (depending on storage) but the package has long since absorbed whatever came into contact with it. The resealing issue would be limited to whether someone wanted to see what was inside or not and then some contemporaneous or subsequent attempt to remedy that - or drying of the seals. I have encountered both types of examples. I have also found 100 year old things that for whatever reason remain intact..... I WOULD pay a good deal more than the 75.00 I bid on the post 1918 pack