View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Default Calling ALL Pacific NW Collectors!

Posted By: Russ Bright

Well discussion here is fine as well... I think a card meeting or a Trade group WOULD be better for now - there is no point in making a show for the 8 people selling to each other - As I said, brainstorming. I would LOVE to eventually (6 months, next year, 2 years) be ABLE to have a new card show that would cater to the Pre-War collectors - I've actually been kicking around the idea of starting a "shiny card" business - but i would want to keep my 2 interests separate - for the most part....

To start, we could have a once monthly meeting in Seattle and/or Portland (We could Both have monthly meetings and every other month, the portland collectors come up or Seattle collectors go down) - I would be willing (if it was on a saturday or friday night) to drive down to portland once a month as well - Dinner/trading/discussion/whatever - I think that if we can get together and gauge interest in this area (and as the collections and collectors grow) it will be more feasible to put on a card show.

Again, I wasn't planning on starting a card show in the near future, it was something that I would be willing to work on over the course of the next few months/year or so -

If it's just going to be me Robert and DavidCycleback in a room for the first meetings, so be it (lol, hopefully it gets bigger than that!)