View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Default Cracking Holders

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Dave,

Generally, I have found 1 beer to be insufficient for any task. A minimum of 2 beers are needed for even the smallest of tasks. And that does not take into consideration the "planning" beers.

Over the years I've learned a bit about beer. First, they sell 2 kinds of beer. No, not Bud or Miller. No, not cans or bottles... they sell hot beer and cold beer. NEVER buy cold beer. What do you do with cold beer, why you drink it. That's no good, might get you a DUI... Buy hot beer. What do you do with hot beer, take it home to the refrigerator. After a while you have cold beer. What do you do with cold beer, why you drink it! And you're at home.

I've seen posted here this ditty... I like to sit outside, drink beer, and hollar at people. If I do that at home I go to jail. So I go to baseball games and fit right it.

Finally, a wise doctor friend offered me a glass of wine a while back, and asked what kinds of wine I liked. I mumbled one or two and confessed that I usually had a beer. He looked at me seriously and told me I should start drinking wine, instead. I asked him why, expecting some serious, well reasoned answer. "Son," he said, "have you ever heard of anyone who had a wine belly?" I have not. But I still like my beer.

And Leon, it seems to me that beer is apropos just about everything...