View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Default Picture of Wagner PSA 8 before grading

Posted By: Dave Hornish

I just read the Daily News article and the photo they show is useless. The original photo and copies derived therefrom were likely of poor resolution and further reproduction on newsprint makes it impossible to tell anything. A hi res scan of the first generation photo would be helpful but I doubt it will ever surface in that form. And how do you know you are looking at THE CARD anyway in the photo? There's some kind of line going down the right side border that could be an artifact from reproduction but if on the card itself looks to make it tough to display without it being apparent to the naked eye. It's shown in a Lucite holder and they don't show the back of the card so frankly it could be a reprint.

What's interesting is the book is getting press in the local NY papers (expected in the Daily News due to the author) but Newsday had the book review already and I think there was mention in their sports section as well a couple of weeks ago. I have to check the Times today but haven't seen anything there so far. I refuse to read the Post so that's an unknown. I presume some other papers have published reviews across the country.