View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Default Is the Grading System Broken?

Posted By: Rich Klein

I have believed for years, and with everything I read about the hobby, this continues to be true, that we as a hobby need a true National Organization of Cards. Something similar to the American Philateic Society; American Stamp Dealer Assn; American Numismatic Assn; etc. We have had many attempts, some worthwhile, some not, over the past 30 years to get a National Association together and we need one perhaps more than ever.

It would have to be broad based as the hobby is broad based from people such as Jim, who is a collector of wonderfully high conditioned cards, to the people who go to a local store (if they are lucky enough to have one near them) or a local Walmart/Target to buy a few packs of the inexpensive new brands of cards.

While the Net 54 people have one set of priorities, other collectors have other priorities and frankly we are all equal in many ways.

Now I wish I had the $$ to get this incorporated but I've got the time and the passion to work on this, it will go well with my oral history project which is making slow and good progress.

Regards
Rich