View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Default ebay buyer not happy - advice

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

There's no point now in giving any discount or refund. The buyer has the card, the seller has the check. Cash it and move on. If he has stopped the check, you should demand the card back, or report him to ebay.

I have never received any negs and would hate to get one, but I also know that one or two negatives out of a large number of transactions is really nothing, especially when it comes from an obvious malcontent who is having issues with half the sellers he buys from.

I agree with the posters who have commented on the small scans. Not every ebayer would be able to reach those links you set up, and a larger scan through ebay's hosting service is always a good idea.

However, I don't agree with the poster who argues that every part-time seller should have a detailed verbal description of every card whether it's graded or not. What are grading services for anyway? "SGC 10" and a good-sized scan should be enough for any buyer to make up his mind.

When Mastro, Lipset, and all the other auction houses start supplying detailed verbal descriptions of every $50 card they sell, graded or not, then the rest of us should have to. Until then, no way.