View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default what are you focusing your collecting on?

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

I have struggled with this decision for awhile now...
And the best part of a personal hobby is that there really are no rules...

But I really want to get back to my collecting roots. I started with pre-war HOFers and moved into a few pre-war sets, went back to try to fill in all of the holes in my Topps 1953-1980 run, picked up type cards any time I could find or afford them...and before long I couldn't tell what I "wasn't" collecting !!

I guess I don't have time to dedicate to searching out commons and trying to remember who I have and who I need. I don't spend any time "enjoying" the cards anymore, so I want to FOCUS on something...I think.

So I might be de-commissioning my sets and my type cards. Maybe you'll see some BST activity from me...and then again, I might see a York Caramel on line that doesn't sell for 6 times the amount it did 2 months ago and continue working on that set...see how hard it is to focus!!

I'm going to try to collect soley HOF cards.

Does anyone have a list already created of the HOFers from each of the (mainstream) pre-war sets?
I know that lists exist of each card of each HOF by name, how about by set?

Anyway, it's such a great hobby...and such a great sport. While everyone was watching Bonds yesterday, I watched the Giants young hurler Pat Misch and his excellent curveball...great stuff!

Have fun!
Brian L
familytoad