Thread: Mastro and FBI
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro and FBI

Posted By: Joann

Aaron,

I completely agree that Mastro stands to take what is due based on its actions. Personally, I really couldn't care less if they do or don't end up in some kind of hot water. I simply don't have an opinion yet.

But I think the issue of bias is extremely important, especially when it comes to a reporter for a major daily newspaper. If there is bias then it's possible that the facts are being presented in a way that, while correct, is misleading.

This is important to the hobby b/c Mastro is such a big player. For exactly that reason I think it's also important for people to know or decide whether there is any reporter bias influencing the stories. If O'Keeffe is biased, it in no way means Mastro isn't doing some shady things. But it is an important piece of information for readers to include in the mix as they decide what to make of the stories and of Mastro.

As I said upthread, jury's out for me. But I am curious to see how O'K's future articles are framed. If there is a bias, then to me it puts any decision on my part to judge Mastro on hold until the other side is fairly presented. If no bias, then I'll take it more at face value.

And I'll wait and see if I think there's a bias - with nothing else to go by, I'll probably base it on the context and focus of future articles as described above.

Joann