View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Default PSA Customer Service Stinks

Posted By: Glen Turner

Here's some of my favorite experiences with these 3 grading companies.
SGC: In one of my orders with SGC I sent in a 1953 Hunter Wiener Stan Musial & when I got it back they had spelled Wiener wrong Weiner. In the same order I sent in two Bazooka panels and they managed to put them in eachother's holder.

GAI: I just got this order back this week. My E94 George Close card of Hughie Jennings came back labeled E94 Baltimore News Ty Cobb. Three T213 Type 3 cards came back with a 1914 date on them. An E92 Crofts Candy back came back labeled Crofts Cocoa.
Oh well, as usual their sandard answer was oh really just send them back and we will correct them.

PSA: They seem to have a problem labeling Rodeo wiener cards. They can't tell a 1955 from a 1956 even when it is written plain as day on the order.
My biggest complaint with PSA is with their autograph autenticating. I have always said they are laughing all the way to the bank. I sent in 3 signed Roberto Clemente cards that in 1965 in Houston at the Continental Hotel I watched Clemente sign all three cards. When I sent them in for authentication they authenticated one out of the three cards.
I wrote to Paul Waner when I was a kid. A signed 1960 Fleer and a 1961 Fleer came back signed in the same envelope with the same ink pen. I sent them both in to PSA and one came back authentication questionable and the other was authenticated.
I know you are saying why do I bother even sending in signed cards for authentication.
The reason is those MAGIC PSA holders increase the value of the cards considerably of rare signed cards.
I have never sold any autographed card that I have had authenticated but the reason I get them authenticated is so my family can get maximum value for the cards when I die because my collection is for me and unless I am starving or going to become homeless I do not plan on selling my collection.

The magic holders seem to increase the value of all rare and star cards.

That's all.