View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default PSA and their rudeness....

Posted By: T206Collector

...it has always been about consistency of grading and the money-backed guarantee. The attractiveness of the customizable holders is a huge plus. And, frankly, the fact that you don't have to belong to some membership community is also a big factor.

Since I now collect autographed pre-war cards, the shifting of James Spence from PSA/DNA to SGC has been a coup for me.

You can play the registry game and the resale game all you want, but ultimately the registry game will have huge holes in it as a result of SGC crossovers and PSA resubmissions. With that and SGC's growing fanbase, the resale issues will diminish.

I once insisted on PSA cards for my T206 collection. But I personally found the grading to be really inconsistent -- a PSA 6 with a corner crease, e.g., or a PSA 5 with obviously trimmed edges. When I got 40 PSA graded T206 cards crossed by SGC, they wouldn't cross 10 of them because of minimum grading issues (like creases in 5's and a 6) or trimming. That was enough for me to really avoid PSA graded T206 cards, unless I desperately needed an example or got a good deal.