View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default How Are Grading Cos. Going to Survive?

Posted By: Joann

"I'll admit it, I deserved the flak I got for the No. of O/T posts I made. I knew I was out of bounds. But I didn't think I deserved, Jeff L. and Peter S. hounding me. Then it became a battle of egos and that's not good for anybody. I'm trying to shape up so give me a chance."

OK Peter. Clean slate. If you are genuinely rethinking your posting habits based on general acclaim here, I am more than willing to start new.

But I am a little skeptical, and hope you can understand why people here have you on such a short leash and are all in such short temper about it. Why it may take some of us a little while to calm down and cut you a break.

Here is a medly of recent posts:

10/14: Give me a break. I know that some of my posts are a little silly, but I'm just trying to give people more topics to choose from. I get tired of all the arguments about grading, the auction houses, and outing an E-Bay auction.

Also, I post a lot of new topics, some of them are bound to be silly.

10/15: On the memorabilia end there should be a strong committment to the first amendment. People can post on anything remotely connected to memorabilia.

10/16: Come on guys...just admit it you've become the establishment. I'm just here to liven things up.

10/17: For the time being the Establishment has won and we continue to plod along.

10/20: On the main board, there is a thread started by Lee Behrens about the direction of our forum. It looks like the Establishment is starting to worry and the Resistence Movement is getting stronger...hurrah for the First Amendment.

10/21: Remember, change is good, without people willing to change there would be no internet.

All of these, both individually and collectively, tell us that you are fully aware that your posts have been silly sometimes and that you were intentionally posting in quantity, not quality. They scream that you are dissatisfied with the tenor and focus of the board, as established by participants, and of your determination to behave however you want regardless of what anyone else thinks. You have, over the past week or so, brazenly and even mockingly given a lot of people here the big "FU!" and suggested that you will not stop.

This is what has brought some of us to this.

But I will tell you that if the first quote above is genuine and it does get better, I will be the first one to give you all the credit and high regard in the world. Sean occasionally posts here now, and I enjoy responding to him as he has dialed down his tone substantially during his return. So ... just as you say you can change, I will say that I'll do everything I can to reset my thinking and give you every opportunity - letting the past be in the past as long as it stays there.

Joann