View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Default 1st November Pick-up thread...

Posted By: Martin Neal

Thanks! These were listed on Ebay last week as "vintage baseball cards." I think they were in the correct category. I happen to live within an a couple of hours of the seller so I emailed them last week and asked if I could view them. We met at their bank and I made an offer for the cards which was accepted after a few days. I think it helped that they had been dealing with several dealers and were sort of turned off by a few of them that were overly aggressive (you probably know who I'm talking about). The lot was inherited by the seller, who to his credit, did a lot of research on tobacco cards and was somewhat familiar with what he had. The original collector died years ago and his widow left these cards to the seller in her estate.
I think the seller knows a little more about the gentleman who collected them and I hope to find out more about how they were collected next week. It is odd that all the cards are Piedmont except for a couple of Sweet Caporals. It is also odd that there are many dupes of some cards especially in the T205s. Also there are a bunch of series 8 T210s.