View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default Barroid, er, Barry Bonds indicted

Posted By: Todd Schultz

He'll be acquitted if it goes to trial at all. Since anyone can have an opinion, and we are even being enlightened with psychological diagnoses through references to websites, here's my take.

1. The buffoonery that took these fed prosecutors multiple grand juries to even get an indictment (wait, their star witness wouldn't talk, needed him to make the case, I know, let's sit his a$$ in jail, wait, still won't talk, oh well, we have enough anyway, let's proceed)will look like high-grade legal work compared to the "case" you'll see develop.

2. Bonds' lawyers snack on the government's lawyers.

2. Bonds is acquitted.

3. Everyone, all together now, "Barry is a bad man, he must be made to suffer". Chants will be loud--what's new?

4. Selig tries to F with Barry, suspending him, giving his records asterisks or better yet, trying to take away his records altogether, all "for the good of baseball".

5. Barry sues MLB. The crap hits the fan like never before. Stuff is uncovered through discovery that even MLB can't bury. Folks is nervous.

6. MLB, in its infinite arrogance, falls back on its anti-trust exemption and old Judge Landis rulings to place itself above or outside what the law would expect and hold of others.

7. The judiciary sees through this ruse, and won't play. Early rulings in the Bonds v. MLB case go against Dud Selig and his sycophants, causing panic among the ranks. Congress hints at really meaning it this time--your exemption is gone. Let's see all there is to see about this steroid thing.

8. MLB backs down, grumbling all the way.

9. All lose, but Barry is still villified as the core of baseball's problems some more.

There, an advance peek at my screenplay.