Thread: Shilling?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Default Shilling?

Posted By: Red

"None of these missing color variations should be cataloged or noted on the flips IMO. If you did that you would have to add hundreds of these to the catalogs and pop reports."

Missing colors may occur from time to time on other cards but it's odd that there's such a heavy concentration of red missing on the Boston players. If T206 cards were printed on sheets by team then maybe a few sheets of Boston players made it through with no red ink. If teams were mixed then there should be players from other teams popping up with no red ink with the same frequency as Boston players. Based on a strip and a few miscuts I don't think they were printed by team. That makes the no red inks harder to explain and more collectible than just random odd colors missing here or there.

I'm surprised SGC would not identify the card on the label because it's not already listed in the guide. I thought SCD added them as they are discovered. A few uncataloged Boston no red cards have been posted on here before. SGC is certainly capable of authenticating this as a discovery example and notifying the guides of its existence. The Sweeney is expensive because it was known about for a longer time and listed a while ago. The newer additions to SCD all went in at much lower prices when they're probably equally as difficult as Sweeney.