View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 11:38 PM
Administrator

Default Please help with recent t206 purchase

Posted By: Jamie B

Hi everyone.. I just bought a lot of over 150 different t206's... it cost me a decent amount and I was alittle worried about a few of my findings with the cards... was hoping someone could help me out... I had about 50 of the cards already so I created some duplicates when i bought this lot.. My concern only comes from my comparison to my doubles... one thing I have noticed is that the new cards all seem to have slightly thicker sides.. the color is slightly darker.. but there are also some facial differences.. Please note the example I have listed with the 2 chase cards.. the face in one is very detailed.. while in the other looks blurry.. extreme differences are in the mouths.. just wondering if these are normal variances for the set or if I have bought old reprints!!... please help.. thanks
Jamie

My original chase
[IMG][/IMG]

Chase just aquired in lot
[IMG][/IMG]

couple other examples of concerns.. Jones color looks off.. most noticible on forehead and hair..
my original
[IMG][/IMG]
Just aquired
[IMG][/IMG]
Side by Side
[IMG][/IMG]

Moeller.. the right eye in my original which is graded by sgc has white under his pupil... in new the one aquired in this lot the pupil goes all the way down to the eyelid.
Graded
[IMG][/IMG]
New
[IMG][/IMG]

Are these all normal.. someone let me know if I just bought reprints or normal differences..
Thanks
Jamie