View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Default How accurate is the PSA Registry?

Posted By: Eric Brehm

Thanks JimB. Hank Aaron's cards span quite a range of BB card history. I don't care much for Topps cards issued after 1969 but I had to get Hank's 1970's cards for the set.

I know a lot of people on this forum pooh-pooh the Set Registry sometimes, they think it is for collectors who are intensely preoccupied with numerical grades or something, but I do enjoy listing my cards and images there, for my own viewing as well as anyone else who is interested.

I think the bug with the 'Pop Higher' numbers for PSA 9's appeared only recently. They are launching a new version of the Set Registry some time this Spring so I'll probably wait until then to see if the bug disappears. It isn't really a problem for me anyhow, as I can access the Pop Reports directly, if for some reason I want to find out how many 10's there are.

Here is what PSA is promising for the new version of the registry:

The new program will allow you to track your inventory with price paid and source. You will be able to add multiple sets directly from your inventory. The addition of images will be much easier and the program will automatically adjust the size of your image for you. The Collectors Showcase area will be divided into categories and your showcase collection will be easier to locate. You will be able to post comments on other members' sets. Your PSA orders can be viewed within "My Set Registry" and you will be able to add new cards to your inventory, directly from the order screen.