View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default Cornering the market on one card?

Posted By: James Gallo

Brian

What is your reasoning behind just getting so many of one card?
I understand he is your grandfather and all but what is the point or purpose? I see nothing wrong with it, just want to understand the motive behind it.

There is a limit and everyone has it. I was trying to get all of a Ryan Howard rookie that is limited to only 900. I think I got to about 15 when I just lost interest, there are too many other things I would like to have and are more interesting then multiples of the same card. There are a select few cards that I do try to buy whenever they come up mostly because I feel they are under valued.

I don't think this would work. Recently there was a collector that want 15-20 e-90 Jackson cards. At one point I think he had 15 and started selling. Well when he was buying he pushed the market and now that so many have gotten out so quickly the market has dropped off a great deal. The one I sold him sold recently for a couple thousand then he paid. I know he took a hit and I just don't get the need or desire to horde a card especially one that expensive and especially when you go out of your way to aquire them.

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.