View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Default Willard Chocolates G.C. Alexander Pricing

Posted By: Dave F

Addie and everyone else-

It has been a long day and I've played with my kids and put them to bed and am ready to grab a beer and a cigar...but beforehand let me just say (without trying to fuel things)

Addie...far from perfect myself...maybe my objections did come across strong. It is fairly obvious we disagree on how you handled things with the card being shipped so we might as well keep it at that.

The point with the price guide....to me, VCP is almost an essential when it comes to trying to price (for buying, or selling) cards. It really isn't that expensive...by keeping up with the prices you can very quickly make up that $10 a month buy not overspending on some card. This afternoon I guess what upset me was the fact that you acknowledged it was a good service but that you had no desire to register for it yourself. I thought to myself, well why not? Your asking the price of a particular card in a particular grade...thats exactly what VCP is for. Not to mention that yes...it did set me off a bit seeing how you got a little smart with Barry when he did in fact answer your question...

Hi Joann-

You mentioned about fair being fair and someone bringing up cards in threads last week and asking about values....I was on the other side of the fence for that its true. Main reason...that poster was asking about opinions on what some raw cards were worth...not graded which is a little easier to define or at least narrow down some prices. I think there is a big difference in someone posting a thread on what a T206 O'Leary in a PSA 2 should be worth and someone asking what a T206 Walter Johnson portrait where there is only 3/4 of the card actually left is worth...

Hopefully none of this is going to upset anyone any further tonight!

Dave