View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Default O/T Pics from 1st game at the Nationals new park

Posted By: john/z28jd

They said that there is a wind tunnel created by parking garages in left field and that anything in the air will get caught in it. There was 2 balls hit to the warning track all game,one was a line drive to left,probably low enough the wind didnt affect it,and one to center which looked like a homer off the bat but died. From just one game its obviously hard to tell for sure but my brother and I both said it looks like a pitchers park. If they had a gap hitter with speed the park would be good for triples because of some awkward angles in the outfield for the most part the Nats are a slow team, between Dukes,LoDuca,Dmitri,Belliard and Guzman they look more like linebackers than baseball players anyway. Kearns might do decent there,Zimmerman should be very good and improve slightly on last year,and Milledge will be good if he ever learns how to hit a curveball. That guy is toast with 2 strikes vs a guy with a decent curve. I wouldnt take Nick Johnson just based on his health issues.They have no pitching worth looking at except Cordero for the bullpen

Ticket prices are decent,that was a $33 ticket,2nd level first row. I would steer clear of the RF bullpen seats because they look to far set back to see anything in the air,even in the first row. Alot of stuff there is sold out already,small capacity,lots of season ticket holders and just a general interest for the first season,so if you plan on getting something,get it soon I would say