View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default What Do You Do When A Card Has Been Lost In The Mail?

Posted By: Martin Neal

I just recently had this happen to me. I sold PSA 4 t206 Chance to a board member in San Fran. After a couple of weeks he informed me that he had not received the card. Not to worry, as I always buy insurance on cards worth over $75.00 or so. After finding the USPS receipt, I discovered that all I had done was get a delivery confirmation for this package. The buyer was more than gracious and I sent him the tracking number for the item. Meanwhile, I approached the problem at the Post Office only to learn that the most I could hope to expect was for the package being "discovered" at the regional office for lost mail in Atlanta. Finally after a couple of more weeks, I refunded the full amount to the purchaser as I felt it was my responsibility to insure the package arrived to him safely. If you do not request the buyer to pay extra for the insurance, I think the onus is on the seller to provide it. A week or so later, the package arrived in San Fran and the purchaser sent me another payment. That would have been the first package that I had ever lost.

Addie, You aren't out the card and the money, just the card, the money was the purchasers.