View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default What flaws do you spot on this Ruth?

Posted By: Matt

Hey thanks, I still don't think it's trimmed either. I don't know if there's something else they are seeing at PSA. Perhaps they just can't view it well enough through the holder to determine one way or another. Maybe in those cases, they reject it by default. PSA wouldn't offer an explanation. I really think they owe an explanation when you pay $65 for their grading opinion. Joe Orlando said I could mail it back directly to him and he would have it re-examined. However, it's already been out of my posession for nearly a month. I want it back to enjoy for a while. I get really nervous when the card is in the mail. They tried to deliver it today but I was in the shower so they left one of the paper slips to pick it up at the post office on Monday. I'll reexamine it thoroughly again. If I go to the National in Chicago or another show where PSA is doing on the spot grading, I might try again and see if I can get an explanation. I believe that despite what the PSA worshipers think, GAI is not completely incompetent in grading. They may have had a PR nightmare with their recent relocation, but I don't think that affects the grades Mike Baker is putting on the cards. If someone trimmed it, I can't imagine what kind of flaw they were trying to remove since they didn't sharpen the corners. It also measures spot on with the Sports Collectors Digest Catalog dimensions.

By the way, they kicked me off of the PSA forums. I paid for a yearly subscription that supposedly entitled me to the use of the forum and I was also in the middle of working out a trade with someone. Now I have no way to complete the trade as we were still in the negotiating stages. I have 2 Cal Ripken rookies and I was going to trade one of them to the user SFMays. He's working on putting together a 1982 Topps set with his 2 young boys. The Ripken rookie is the only card they need. I wanted to work out a trade with him not so much because I need the items he has to offer for trade, but because I genuinely wanted to help a man who is enjoying a hobby with his 2 sons. If you can contact SFMays (I'm pretty sure that's his complete user name) can you tell him the guy with the Ripken for trade can be reached at mattranson@verizon.net and let him know that I may be interested in the vintage Bowman football that he has to trade. Thanks if you can help me out.