View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Administrator

Default What flaws do you spot on this Ruth?

Posted By: Matt

Red, your comments do make perfect sense. I'm not considering selling it any time soon. I probably would only sell it if I absolutely had to to pay my bills. The main reason I wanted to cross it over to PSA is that I have a fancy display case on my wall that holds 18 of my favorite cards. 17 of those cards are in PSA slabs and I thought it would look better to have them all match. I know that probably seems like a silly reason to cross it over.

Everyone on the PSA board insists that GAI is a third rate company and their graded cards are all junk and worth a heck of a lot less than PSA graded cards. Of course that is on the PSA board so there's some bias. I stopped collecting cards for a while in the 1990s and when I started collecting again around 2004, grading was foreign to me. I really don't have a good feel for how much each grading company's cards sell for in the same grades. How much less would it be worth in the GAI holder graded at 4.5 as opposed to a PSA holder graded 4 or 4.5?