View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>They need glasses</b><p>Great idea, Shelly, but what promoter of an autograph and memorabilia show is going to want to have a speaker come in to discuss why so many autographs and so much signed memorabilia is bad? It'll be like the old Addams Family TV show - all you'll see is the door closing behind the people who can't get the hell out of there fast enough!<br /><br />I fear that the same thing will happen with any publication. Krause pubs., Autograph Collector magazine, etc. etc. don't want to publish bad news about the business that keeps them in clover. Remember, you don't sh_t where you eat.<br /><br />As I mentioned in an email to you a little while ago, discrediting bad authenticators is like playing Whack-a-Mole. As soon as you get rid of one, another pops up in his place. It's a matter of supply and demand. As long as forgers can make money selling their wares by getting them past "authenticators", there will always be a market for those authenticators. <br /><br />They only sure way to to curb this lunacy is to give them a good spanking. And that's where the law comes in. Lawmen don't care too much about money; it's flashbulbs and the spotlight that get them the promotions. How do you interest them in a case? Well, if Mohammed won't go to the mountain, bring the mountain to Mo....or better yet, bring the Press. Lawmen love the press, and the press eats up stories like this. Baseball, the national pastime, the glamor of rock, crime, deception, etc. etc. You were on the forefront - who better to contact Rolling Stone magazine or Sports Illustrated? Or 60 Minutes?<br /><br />I've dealt with the press many times in the past, and I could probably get us a head start or at least get us in the door. Anybody else have any solid press contacts? Don't think small! If there's a huge hue and cry following a big story in the press, lawmen will have no choice but to jump right in.<br /><br />What do you think?<br /><br /><br />