View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Joann</b><p>Wow. Then maybe the forgers aren't sloppy. Maybe they just count on the ignorance of buyers, or that they won't bother to look up something like that.<br /><br />Still, even though it is clear in the case of a postcard that didn't exist until after someone's death, it seems at least possible that this flag existed before the guy died. A PC can show a datable event or be datable itself. But the existence of this flag is not necessarily tied directly to the date of the event it was tied to or even used in.<br /><br />Of course, I have no clue whatsoever how these things work. I think I assumed they would have a stack of (something - flags, towels, whatever) that they pass around to all of these guys to sign in turn. Kind of like team balls that may be signed in spring training well before Opening Day or hosting the All Star game or whatever. With that assumption it seemed reasonable that this circuit would take awhile and that they might want to start it ahead of time so as to have their commemorative items ready when the event started.<br /><br />But as I said that was an assumption, and I truly know nothing of this field or practice. So I obviously defer to Richard's far greater experience and expertise and say ... wow. That's some noive!<br /><br />Oh. And if the flag in question is represented as actually having been USED in the 06 Masters prior to being signed, then case closed anyways.<br /><br />J