View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Default some issues with grading services

Posted By: ali_lapoint

there are some major problems with the business of grading cards. some of the business practices the big 3 (psa, sgc, and gai) have in place are extremely infuriating. i recently submitted a few T3's to sgc and 2 of the 3 came back unslabbed because i didnt check the box that says i will accept a grade of authentic. even though i paid for their grading service, an average of 65 dollars for each card because of the oversized holders, only 1 of my cards was actually graded and slabbed. i might be wrong here, but isn't the inflated price for grading T3's due to the larger sized and more expensive holder the cards require? if my cards aren't being placed in the holder, why am i still being charged for it? i feel as though sgc and the other grading companies who also charge regardless of whether or not they grade a card need to take the time to devise some ways to remedy this problem. if i'm paying for a holder that isn't used, i dont think its too much to expect whatever portion of my grading fee that goes towards buying the holder to be returned. there needs to be some sort of grading and slabbing fee that is different from a submission fee. im tired of feeling like ive been ripped off.

edited for spelling and typos