View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Default e102 "variations" on Ebay tonight --- dismal performance

Posted By: Brian McQueen

It seems that e102s are starting to heat up in the market a little bit. I had 15 of them in BST a week ago and they all sold immediately. Tonight, the entire set was auctioned off individually on Ebay. Some of the easier cards to find got some really strong prices like the SGC 60 Miller (batting) that went for $999. Many of the commons went well above the market average so Mastro should be very happy with them. The HOFers all turned in a strong performance as well with many exceeding expectations. The only cards that didn't seem to do that well were the four scarce variations.

Keeping in mind that most e102s are very obtainable with the exception of the variations which show up very, very rarely. The Miller fielding in a 20 holder went for $566 when this card in this grade has gone for well over $1000 in the past. I was the underbidder on it and really just trying to take a lucky shot but still, I was one of only two people that bid over $379 on this card. The Doyle batting SGC 40 and Schmidt SGC 20 also seemed to do badly. The Schmidt only reached $306; last year, I remember paying about $800 for this card in a 10 holder. The only variation which seemed to do pretty well was the Wagner fielding but even this one seemed a bit low considering how nice it looked.

So "What happened with those variations" is my question for you all I guess. I've been following this set for a while and have noticed that while the set in general has heated up as of late, the "toughies" all seem to be ice cold. Any thoughts?