View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Default e102 "variations" on Ebay tonight --- dismal performance

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Quan - well, I noticed a lot of familiar names winning the other e102s. Guys that I figured if they'd bid aggressively on the commons, they'd drive the variations up well over a grand apiece. I would respectfully disagree with the statement that "set toughies" have decreased in value the past few years. With the advent of the internet, Net 54 and increased information concerning the sets becoming available, many toughies have absolutely blown up in price. You can look no further than the e103 Tenny and Wood on Ebay last month to find examples of that. Both of those exceeded $1800. But caramel toughies that have earned themselves a difficult reputation are significantly increasing in value across the board - e97 cards like Rossman and Steinfeld, the tough e90-1s, e90-3 Hahn, etc..etc.. all increasing in value even compared to other examples in the same set.

Rob - Good eye...this group was missing a Lajoie. I always thought Lajoie was one of the easiest cards in the set so it's funny that it was absent from tonight's run of e102s.

Pete - nice score on the Miller. Darn the luck, if it hadn't been for you, I would have had this variation for under $400 also! Would have been neat because I already have a Wagner fielding and I won the Doyle and Schmidt tonight. That would have given me all four of 'em!