View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default Seeking help with a Bob Feller Mexican postcard

Posted By: Rob D.

Judging from the image of a youthful Bob Feller, I'm guessing this postcard is prewar, hence the post on this side of the board.

This is an eBay purchase, and I'm seeking input on the issue. The postcard is glossy, but I'm hesitant to call it a real-photo PC (if that makes sense). It's almost as if there's a coating on the front, but it covers only about 90 percent of the card (a vertical strip about a quarter-inch wide down the left side doesn't have the gloss).

The back, which didn't scan well, reads at the top: TARJETA POSTAL and a dotted box where the postage would be affixed has the word "SELLO" inside. Printed along the left edge of the reverse is: Kodak Mexicana, Ltd.

The content area is split with a vertical line down the middle, and there are four lines printed on the right side for the address. That is all the printing on the reverse.

One thing I find interesting about the image is that Feller appears to be gripping a baseball with his left hand, though the image has not been reversed.

Can anyone provide insight to baseball postcards that were issued in Mexico?

Thanks in advance.

(Also, the postcard is unautographed, which adds to its scarcity, IMO.)