View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Default I always thought 1928 Harrington's were black & white cards....but here's a green one.

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I'll respond to a couple questions below.

I didn't realize that Smith was a "set toughie" in these issues. But there are examples of Smith that are black and white correct? Is it factually known that there are short printed cards in these sets? Are there other players or was it just Smith that was a little tougher than the others?

Someone mentioned a green Smith from the w502 set. That's really interesting...same player and everything.

I haven't examined the card with a black light unfortunately. The card was indeed part of the Huggins and Scott auction that a partner and I won together. There were a lot of neat cards in that lot. Some Successful Farming cards, several Maple Crispettes. All sorts of neat things. This card was sort of buried in that lot. I noticed it from the beginning but just figured that since I wasn't a huge expert on F-50s, that this was probably just a variation that turned up from time to time that I just simply wasn't aware of. Sort of like t206 color variations I suppose.

Dan, you mentioned having one other of these. Which player is it?

I was sort of hoping these would be common enough to try to build a set with. So I'd be going after a complete set of F-50s in only green variations. I guess no such luck eh?