View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Default Most cards of a particular player?

Posted By: Steve

I was searching the net for Carlton Willey and found this thread and had to pipe in. Carlton is a close friend of mine and still resides in Cherryfield. I haven't seen the sign, I may have to take a ride to his house and see if I can find it.

I think I now have every Topps/Jello/Post/Venezuela card of his as well as his 1951 Quebec Braves postcard, Topps aluminum proofs (3 1962 with cap), a Topps negative (1962 without cap) and a 1964 salesman sample with Mantle on back. Or at least I have all the ones that SCD list. The biggest focus of my collection is Carlton items and I am always looking for stuff I don't have. I own carltonwilley.com though I have yet to do anything with it other than put a recent pic of him up there. That may be a project for this winter.

To DMcD, I understand your pain of pulling that card every time. For the record, Carlton hates the pic on that card. He got that gap fixed later on after he was hit in the jaw with a line drive off the bat of Gates Brown.

And to answer the original question, I probably have 15 or so different Carlton cards without duplicates.