View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Jeff,

The Unabomber's manifesto, in all its insanity, was at least inspired by the deeply held (and incredibly misguided) principles of its author, not personal jealously and thinly veiled greed.

Based on his posts in this thread and an earlier one, I honestly believe that if David swapped incomes with you he'd be Republican and happy and probably would never post on this board, other than to agree with Jim Crandall or sing the praises of John Sidney McCain.

The vitriolic nature of his posts speaks to something much deeper than the issues being discussed. He believes he's gotten a raw deal because he's had to work so hard at such a noble profession and never got rich while fatcats like you and Jim just sat on your couches for the past 20 years watching the easy money pile up in front of you. Whatever wealth you may or may not have accumulated did not come from your hard work or smart career decisions. It was luck. After all, he's as smart as you guys, right? He teaches theoretical physics, doesn't he?!!! Where's his cut? All he wants is what's owed to him.....by all of us.

But this thread actually has been educational for me regarding theoretical physics. I learned that none of my children will be allowed to study a subject that might lead to such an empty and bitter life like what awaits the future theoretical physics professors of the world.

-Ryan