View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Default The Death of Direct Sales

Posted By: Bob

Last night John McCain called upon his supporters to quit making incredibly stupid, lying, and offensive remarks about Obama. I think he is attempting to lock the barn door after the cows have left. He once was gleeful about Palin's ability to be an "attack dog" and how she could turn on the far right troglydites of the party to make drooling, mindless and cruel statements about Obama, mouthing the lies to somehow give them credibility. Well you know what folks, it didn't work. Do you remember this famous line: "You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." The haters are shocked that their venom isn't sticking this time and the polls reflect that American voters are more and more turned off by the bile espoused by the "good old boys." Thank God!

I am also a little puzzled about the comments about how the Hispanic population will vote. I think it is too early to start making widespread predictions. The poor and lesser educated have traditionally been drawn to the Democratic Party, whether they be Irish or Italian or from Central Europe, but times have changed. A great percentage of the Hispanic population is Catholic and, unlike White Catholics, have shown a greater propensity to be unyielding in their convictions and those of the Church with reference to issues like abortion, and tend to be more conducive to voting for conservatives who share their beliefs. Also factor in that many Hispanics consider themselves to be extremely patriotic and supportive of the war effort. I think finally you have to temper any predictions because it is unknown how many Hispanics will actually vote as opposed to those who are merely being polled. (Ditto the young voters who have turned out at the polls in previous elections in disturbingly small numbers).

I see this going down to the wire. Hopefully it won't come down to Florida once again.