View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Default Gosh, no one saw this coming

Posted By: D. Bergin

This is just another example of the Wall Street mentality destroying a company from within. The problems began as soon as Ebay became a publicly traded company. Ebay immediately began to chase the short term profit goals to keep shareholders happy and justify the price of the stock.

In the meantime they alienate everybody who made them a profitable company to begin with and all those short term gains began to come back and bite them in the ass. Now they've already forgotten what made them such a revolutionary company to begin with and somehow they make the decision to try and emulate another company which they had pretty much buried and left in the dust years prior.

I've listed a few things on Amazon, let me tell you it is most certainly not a sellers paradise either. Sure some of the placements are free, but the fees are very high if you actually sell something, you have to purchase a storefront on a monthly basis if you have anything original or unique to sell.............and the worst part............if you put time into creating your own listings, another seller can come along, undercut your price and use the listing YOU created to sell their wares...........and it's a perfectly acceptable practice in Amazonland.

I find the whole process very clunky from beginning to end from a sellers standpoint.......................and this is what Ebay is trying to emulate.