View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Default ? for Leon about posting

Posted By: Al

Pls see post "eBay question please help".

The crux of the issue is that the seller encountered a slow pay buyer. The seller solicits input from the board as to what to do. The seller also considers outing the buyer as a deadbeat and some members agree that the buyer should be outed. Keep in mind we are talking about a buyer with 1,500 transactions and a 100% rating.

I took the position that the buyer should NOT be outed as I interpreted your posting rules under "Things you can not post about", which refer to personal info, phone #s, addresses, email adresses, etc, without permission. Not likely the buyer would give permission IMO.

Furthermore, the recourse for the seller is to file a NPB with eBay and resolve the issue there. If the seller wishes to spread the buyer's info around privately, that's another matter. Should the outing take place here, and becomes commonplace, I suspect there could be a liability issue, which I think would fall on you, not the poster. In NO way do I condone the actions of the buyer, but this is a business transaction gone sour and outing should be reserved for extremely egregious situations, if at all.

Pls correct me if I'm wrong, but do you feel it is appropriate to out someone under these circumstances? I surmised the buyer had some financial difficulty as expressed by the seller today. There is no question that the buyer (who appears to be an experienced eBayer with 1.5k transactions), should not have bid unless he could pay immediately. However, are we to openly out every person with whom we have a difficult or grossly unpleasant eBay experience?

What say you?