View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Default O/T - Are you in favor of the DH? Do you think rosters should be expanded?

Posted By: Mike

I think the home team manager should decide before each game ( dh or not). That would be the same in both leagues. This would add additional stratedy to the game . For example: factors involved ( who's pitching that day, does the team have a good dh vs your dh, is your dh needing a day off, if so play without dh that day, it allows a team to force the dh out of a particular game or force him into a defensive role that day). If the other team only has one good DH and he is a right handed hitter and you are pitching a left handed pitcher the manager may select no DH that day.All teams would be the same and have the choice when at home - DH or not DH ( 81 games per year).

Since baseball is full of stratedy, and the DH rule has been criticize between of lack of stratedy, I believe the DH option for each game would make the managers think each game out more and add stratedy to the game not less and also both leagues would be the same. Fans could really have opinions of why a manager did or did not use the DH that day. Home field advantage. Only concern I have is that the managers wuld not be able to figure out if it was an advantage to use or not use the DH that day. A lot of thinking would have to go into the decision.