View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Default 1968 Topps Milton Bradley Cards

Posted By: Paul

In 1968, Milton Bradley produced a game that included 1968 Topps baseball cards (and 1967 Topps football cards) as part of the game. They are catalogued in the Standard Catalog under "Topps". The fronts of these cards are identical to the regular Topps cards. The difference is supposed to be the backs, which are supposed to be a lighter shade of yellow than the regular cards.

I just picked up my first two of these cards -- the Seaver and Mathews shown in the top middle row below. Next to these I have placed a standard Seaver and Mathews. The difference is a little more subtle than I expected, but it is noticeable. But look at the Kaat and Lolich cards I have included in the scan. They are as light as the Milton Bradleys. And Kaat and Lolich are not in the Milton Bradley set at all.

So my question is this: are the Milton Bradley cards really distinguishable from the Topps cards at all? Or is there so much variance in the ordinary Topps cards that the cards are all basically interchangeable?