View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: Sean C

Only in this hobby can:

- an auction house be the subject of an FBI investigation and still receive consignments
- have said auction house fail to pay consignors in a timely manner, pay consignors with checks from an account that had insufficient funds, then blame the private equity fund that owned the auction house for the problem
- have the auction house close, only to reopen the next day under a new name and assuming the assets of the old company
- have the new auction house fail to properly communicate with both their customers and consignors of the old auction house
- have the new auction house fail to timely pay the consignors for the old auction house's last auction, essentially giving the new auction house an interest free loan
- have the new auction house run an auction with the items that had been consigned to the old auction house without contacting the owners of the items, helping to establish the identity of the "new" auction house on the backs of others.

and yet still have people in the hobby support the auction house and those running it. I'm sorry, but I'm not a big fan of people and companies that use their customers in such a manner.