View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Not sure why he would need a lawyer. No charges were brought against him and he's supposedly made restitution. Personally I think this case needed some kind of charges brought. The damage that something like that brings to the hobby deserves harsher penalties than an apology and restitution. The next guy will think he can get away with it too.
Dan, I'm assuming you wrote this tongue in cheek because obviously one doesn't need a lawyer only after charges are brought; by then the horse may be out of the proverbial barn. And making restitution doesn't make one immune from a criminal charge either especially if the only reason one made restitution is because one was caught. If that were the case then every time a bank is robbed and the thieves caught all they would have to do is return the money to avoid prosecution.

If this putz's story is true and only a few of his frauds hit the market then I'm not sure it makes any sense for criminal charges to be brought. However, considering he made one apology yesterday and continued his fraud on this forum, and then made another apology today replete with more lies in it, it's difficult to know what the truth is. At the very least he should be banished from Net 54.