View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Default One Auction house speaks

I received a phone call today from Robert Lifson, president of Robert Edwards Auction. Yes, it was him, not an imposter as I had received a message and returned his call to his company headquarters.

He called to let me know that he saw my website blog at www.sports-rings.com and felt compelled to share his experiences and to inform me that my intuition was correct - advertisers are leaving SCD. Robert told me that he decided to cease advertising in SCD based upon SCD's relationship with CC. Unlike us, who do not have an opportunity to get upper management to communicate with us, Robert spoke to management at great length on this matter but could not get them to stop accepting advertisements from Coach's corner.

For now on, Robert Edwards auction will no longer support SCD through advertising in the publication. Robert left the door open, that maybe some day, they could be back, but not in the foreseeable future. This does hurt Robert Edwards auctions as Robert explained to me that the advertising helped the auction house increase consignments, however, they felt that they could not stand by and watch SCD pollute the hobby with garbage.

While the auction house is surprised and disappointed that SCD is now going into the auction business, this was not the reason they pulled their advertising.

As you know, REA is a class act with exceptionally high standards. It is not a coincidence that they get the highest prices in the industry.

If SCD is so intent on losing subscribers and advertisers, it makes you wonder what is really going on at SCD. Could the relationship between SCD and CC be closer than we ever imagined?

Let me know what you think,

thanks!

Last edited by sports-rings; 06-01-2009 at 04:59 PM. Reason: some type-o's