View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM

I will first of commend Rob Lifson and let's hope others follow. You need to crawl before you can walk and stating the above is a start.

The truth of the matter is that those who used to have full page ads, now have tiny ads. I suppose they find value in any association with what was once the "voice of the hobby". I do not know what the ad rates are now as they were not posted, but gave you a number of online advertising packages. Has anyone even been to the SCD Forum? SCD is a brand name and it's a ghost town, with tumble weeds.

And most of the advertisers in the magazine are card guys or show advertisements. There aren't all that many big time dealers with full page ads, outside of Quality Autographs, Les Wolff and The Miller Boys, from the issue I saw a few weeks back.

On "non-Coach's" weeks, the periodical is reduced to between 34-36 pages I am told. I'm sure those pages vary, and perhaps the well respected auction houses may go bigger to promote an upcoming auction. I just read my first SCD in some six years and it took me all of forty-five seconds to get through it all.

DanC