View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Joann

I agree with everybody here.

It's probably not good to have a lot of auctions in the selling threads because of the auctions will get many more natural bumps than the sell threads. They didn't really bother me, but if it got to be more than a handful, it might be too much.

It's also probably not good to try to jam them into the ebay area - the ebay threads will get bumped down, plus that will create a bit of a mishmash of dissimilar threads. The area has "Vintage Card Auctions" in the title because it was created as a place to publicize these auctions, not to conduct them. Just having the words in the name doesn't make it the proper place.

I think a new area would be a neat thing to try. Clearly there is an interest and a few successful tries already. A new area for auction formats could become a vibrant addition to the BST. Let the creativity play itself out.

But something should happen soon. While I agree with the concerns, the fact that the debate has been brought to the board will kill this format and this idea within the next few days. Frank has already said he is done because of the debate, and I'm not sure anyone else will feel comfortable starting an auction over there now since the concerns have been brought up and discussed.

We should give the idea and approach a good clear shot before the momentum is gone for good.

J