View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Joann

Nice job Leon. I think it's good to give it a dedicated section. If it outgrows one section, we can always add more. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

I def agree that the seller should be able to set his own rules and that there not be a forum-specified format (with one exception below). If someone wants to do dutch, fine. Classic? Good. Silent? Fine. Let people do whatever they want. As long as all rules are clear and in the first post, why should we try to impose structure and our opinions?

Exception is that if there is any reserve at all, any circumstance under which the seller will back out, he needs to say it up front including the amount of any reserve. That will head a lot of potential problems off at the pass and minimize the need for Leon's involvement in disputes.

Other than that, let the board take care of it. It does just fine on the selling end - if someone does wrong on a transaction, we usually know about it, usually know both sides, and the market forces (such as they exist on this board) end up resolving the issue. Honest mistakes usually get a pass - hey, this isn't ebay where you just whack someone for shipping 24.5 hours after the auction closes - and wrongdoers end up getting unofficially blackballed by other members.

J