View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
The key to me with any authenticator is using actual exemplars of signatures. Martin, most of us on this board trust David A (for early Yankees and other early baseball material), Richard Simon, and Jodi B based on their extensive knowledge (shared frequently on this board) and because of their enormous libraries and collections. If you want us to trust this guy, we need to know a lot more about him. Does he have an extensive collection (or library) of autograph examples? Could you (or he) provide examples of some items he has authenticated? Richard, Jodi, and David have proven their knowledge and expertise with countless posts on Net54. I completely trust their opinions based on the knowledge they have provided. I (and many others on this board) have never heard of Frank, and the ones that have (whom I trust), do not have the highest opinion of him. That is enough for me to make up my mind unless this person can back up his knowledge (like the three I mentioned). This of course is just my opinion.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

Last edited by aelefson; 06-09-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I realized that David A has extensive knowledge of more than justearly Yankkes autographs.