View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 12:43 PM

Default Uncataloged Roadmaster Bicycle Photo Bob Feller?

Hello. I picked up this item on ebay this past month. When I bid, I thought it was a 1951 Roadmaster 8" x 10" Photo of Bob Feller, which is cataloged in the Standard Catalog of BB cards (pg 308, 2009 edition). When I received my package and went to confirm some details against the photo in the "Big Book," I noticed that my photo was different. First off, Bob Feller is wearing a different uniform. Second, he's riding a different model bicycle. Third, the photo background shows a different portion of the stadium. Lastly, and most important, my photo has writing on the back advertising the Roadmaster "Luxury Liner" model that Bob is riding, whereas the catalog version is advised to be blank back. The dimensions appear the same, as well as the facsimile autograph. I have attached an ad from 1941 showing the photo in the catalog for reference, although the ad is not precisely the same as the card in the Big Book (no auto for example). The catalog description states other player photos may be found, but it looks as if (possibly) other photos of the same player and from other years may be the case as well. Does anyone have a Roadmaster Photo of Bob Feller or other player (Pee Wee Reese is the only other catalogued photo) for comparison? Over how many years were the photos actually offered? I feel the 1951 date in the Big Book is incorrect. Thanks in advance.