View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Richard Simon

Do we really have to get to this level on this thread?
I have known Shelly for a long time. Ok, he made a mistake 10 years ago. He admits it. He confessed it and he was punished for it. Right now though, he is one of the most trusted people in the hobby for Tim Fitzsimmons, FBI agent in charge of Operation Bullpen. And yes, I have talked to Tim on a number of occasions. Shelly is also trusted by ebay and many members of this board.
He has worked harder than anyone I know to try and inform collectors about forgeries and to help in the seemingly hopeless effort to try and expose forgers and forgeries. He has done things to fight the crooks constantly. He does not come here and brag about it, but he is constantly working to improve this mess of a hobby. Can any of the negative posters on this thread say the same thing about themselves. Shelly probably has done more in a week to help than the flamers have done in their lifetimes.
There seems to be a bitterness here from 1 or 2 people that surpasses even the threads about politics (and I have been in the middle of those). I am sure I will get at least one response for this post, let us see if it can be done without juvenile name calling and low class language. If you have a grudge against anyone, posting in a low class manner only makes the poster look the fool.

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-18-2009 at 07:40 AM.